Thursday, April 16
Part 2 of: Successfully selecting a contractor for home remodels. If you didn't get a chance to read part 1, "8 Ingredients to Successfully Selecting A Contractor for Home Remodels", then check this past Monday's blog.
Before You sign the contract with any contractor that you are going to have work on your home, read this list below to make sure that the contract contains some very important points.
Make sure the contract contains:
1. Who will do the work?
2. When will the work be completed?
3. A detailed list of specific materials to be used.
4. The appliances and/or fixtures to be supplied
5. The dates for beginning and completing the job.
6. Monetary penalties for non-completion of project on time.
7. A provision for the clean-up of the premises.
8. Don't sign a contract that reads "work as per agreement".
9. Specify that contractor will obtain all necessary licenses and permits.
10. Specify contractor will meet all zoning regulations and building codes.
11. Be sure contractor will indemnify you in case of not meeting all regulations.
12. Be sure that the contract states that the contractor is responsible for any damages to
13. If contractor guarantees the work, be sure it specifically states what is guaranteed and for
14. Contract should state when payment is due. Never pay full price in advance; link payments
to certain stages of completion of the entire job.
15. Final payment and the signing of any completion certificate should only take place when
the work is completed to your satisfaction.
Take a look at my market report for today!
Currently Ryan has about 30+ listings in inventory, and has already sold 14 homes in 2009. Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions about Chico area real estate.
Interested in learning more about the Chico area or Ryan?
Vaught Properties: Chico Income Property
Chico Condos: Chico Condo Sales
Ryan Vaught: Ryan's Residential website
Chico Luxury Homes
Chico Investment Property
Ryan Vaught Real Estate
Keller Williams Chico CA
Office Phone: (530) 343-2959
∑ Ryan's Current Listings
∑ Chico MLS Search
∑ Today's New Listings
∑ For Sellers
∑ About Ryan's Team
∑ Why Ryan?
∑ Commercial & Income Property
© Ryan Vaught Real Estate
RyanVaught.com | VaughtRealEstate.com | VaughtProperties.com | ChicoSolds.com | ChicoCondos.com | ChicoInvestmentProperty.com | ChicoHomesByRyan.com
Questions About Payments?
Summit Funding, Inc.
Email Ben Heinrichs