Monday, April 13
Maybe you just found that house that’s in the perfect location for you but you aren’t thrilled about the kitchen. Maybe it is a good enough price and location that you decide to buy it. Then, a year or so later you decide to go ahead and remodel the kitchen. Make sure if you find yourself in a similar place to read on and follow these tips for selecting a good contractor to complete the job.
1. Shop around...don’t rush into choosing a contractor.
2. Get references from friends, neighbors and family who have had similar work completed.
3. Get at least three written estimates for identical work so that you can easily compare
4. Get references from the contractors so you can check on their work.
5. Call your local municipality and check if there have been any complaints against any of
the companies you might consider for your remodeling.
6. After you have made a choice of contractor, don’t let work begin without a signed
contract. Be sure to seriously consider having an attorney review prior to signing.
7. Be wary of signing a “letter or agreement” or even a contractor bid form—this might be a
8. Be sure to specify what is to be done and when work is to be completed.
Check back tomorrow for 15 things that you should make sure the contracter's contract contains.
Questions About Payments?
Summit Funding, Inc.
Email Ben Heinrichs